Sunday, October 1, 2006

End of the Gardening Leave beginning of the Soul Leave

Well, I had planned to be pretty upset today..........I have been feeling the anger and depression of having to go back to work and start being a corporate monkey again, it's been welling up inside for a few days. I tried hard to regulate it and overcome the fear.

I managed it for six years straight, why can't I get back into it again? Of course I can, it's just jumping through the hoop that's a pain. But there really are so many things to do apart from work that it's been a real revelation. I can't wait to fook off again and chill, only next time it's three months. Bring it on!!

However, after checking the Blog I though what's the point being all upset? Basically all my mates are Fooking Legends and life is too sweet and too short to let the fact that the Gardening Leave is over to ruin my life. So I am taking it on the chin, it's going to smart, a lot, but I have just got to get back and start getting up early (not because I want to, but because I have to), getting the suit and tie on and going out to earn a living. So you lot have been doing that for ages, and why should I be any different? No reason, just once you get the chance to do nothing once, you want it again and again. It's not long until Christmas and that is going to be a great break to take.

I am looking forward to the beers on the 24th and on the 26th and if we're all lucky either James or Darragh or even both will be back. That would be a great.

So I am off to iron a few shirts and get ready for the dull and boring tube journey to the Wharf tomorrow, I do have a nice new shiny Ipod and I'll be going in earlier so I'll defo get a seat so I can read the paper without other people's arms in my side.

Should be a wake up call.........can still do it? Could I ever do it? Will I be found out? Can I take the pace? Is it a big mistake?

You never know until you know and I will tomorrow. At least I know that I'll be fine if I end up on the Giro.

The Robot.

No comments:

Post a Comment