Thursday, August 9, 2007

News of the screws.......

People!! We need more news! We need to know what everyone is up to all the time, how can you expect us to *actually* speak to all our friends. The interweb is there to be abused and move information around000101010101010110101010101010111 101 0111010101010101010. Babble! You get m'eh?



Well, start as you mean to go on I guess, what has ~[PizBot} been up to recently?........Unfortunately not too much. Guess the most fun episode was the weekend at the Benicassim Festival in Spain. Benicassim is a very small sleepy blue collar coastal town about an hour out of Valencia back up the coast towards Barcelona and for about a week in June the place is handed over to a whole bunch of euro-crazy types for a total festival of sun, sea, music and genera messiness. It was AWESOME!



Well, I say that but I got there a day and a half late because on the Friday that I was supposed to leave, the good old British summer 'heat' came and decided to pour one months worth of rain in 3 hours. London drowned, Heathrow floated away and 150 flights got cancelled including Air France 1871. Bang goes the weekend I thought as thousands of other travellers all fought for the next seats on any flight out of London. I quickly jumped to the front of the Air France queue got on a flight with their One World partner BA on the Saturday afternoon and then booked a room in a shockingly sleezy hotel (Jury's Inn, LHR Terminal 2 don't stay there), ate pizza and passed out. I thought better to get a flight the next day rather than have the hassle of fighting that evening for some hope of getting out.



So I got up super early on Saturday, had a full English and a coffee and made my way to the departure lounge at Terminal 1 only to be faced with a scene that one would only expect to see in Iraq. Bodies everywhere, people sleeping on the floor with only BA night sheets and each other for company, it was shocking. Again I put my lateral thinking hat on and side stepped the 500+ person queue to check in in the First Class lounge.....loving the BA gold card! All good I thought, now I can start my weekend, I was only arriving one day late and actually having a long nights sleep probably wasn't such a bad idea after all the pain of the last few weeks. I got to Barcelona and rushed for the TGV equivalent train I had booked the night before, only for the flight to arrive late and me miss the train by 2 Mins......I was starting to think that I should turn back but I had got so far it was too late to turn back, so I hailed a cab and told the driver......Benicassim please! 250K and a lot of EUROS later I made it. I was dropped off at the entrance to the campsite and put the rather annoying delay and cost behind me and headed straight for the nearest clear plot to pitch the tent and get right on it. I found a spot amongst the pitch black and set about putting the tent up. Good thing I know how it works cos after 15mins I was done and pretty desperate for some cerveza and some live music, we got going and headed to the festival.



The time was about 11PM, I thought we might have missed something but as we entered the festival site I noticed that it was actually quite quiet. In true Spanish stylee the party hadn't even properly started! Awesome, I got a really nice falafel and got drinking.....needless to say the rest of the weekend continued in much the same way and we had a riot!

Highlights were - It being hot and in Spain
- Girls in bikinis, EVERYWHERE!
- The Artic Monkeys, "I'm going back to 505.........@
- The festival ending at 6am
- Fischerspooner
- Cheap booze
- The heat
- Sleeping on the beach during the day and partying at night
- Amy Winehouse
- BRMC
- The Kings of Leon 'I'll be there, when you call, I'll be there....'
- The campsite was like darfur, only with showers and girls in bikinis EVERYWHERE

Lowlights
- Sleeping in a tent
- Waking up hot as your mam
- Sleeping 3 hours a night
- The campsite
We should hire a villa next year and go, it was wicked fun. ~[PizBot]

As usual I will remove all corporate blah and add pictures when I get a mo tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment