Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Back to Notts!

So I have been meaning to write something here for a while, not because there was a great deal to say but to keep the dream alive and get something up on the blog. After all that's what it is for. About this time last year I was on my gardening leaving lording it up like a right knobber and I wish I was back on holidays living it up with Greg and the Famil'eh Lloyd, I dont however wish to repeat this year ever again. Its been harsh from a work perspective and I am only just managed to get my head round it all.

Par for the course, DEAL WITH IT PIZ. Almost dealt with.......and its the small things that get you through times like these. Recently I have been getting my mojo back, planning time off and training some more. I guess it was imposed, I needed to take my compulsory two weeks off from BARC (FSA regs etc) and I also managed to book myself on the Robin Hood Half Marathon (deferred from last year).

First way to take the power back;

- Book a flight to Latin America. I had been hoping to get away somewhere properly mental for a while and had saved up most of my hols this year for the all or nothing take most of Dec off gamble. I asked my boss this week and got the ALL CLEAR! So fooking awesome its untrue, so the plan is as follows. Dec 12th fly to Chile, hang with my Papa for a while, travel about in Chil'eh and go see the desert. Dec 21st fly to Buenos Aires, GO LARGE. Dec 23rs fly to Porto Alegre and harass James, Juile and Mr and Mrs Julie. Eat, drink and be merry. Dec 27th fly with James and Doris back to their place, GET MESSY. Jan 2nd, one night in Rio, try and avoid the birds tha Strange Uncle Mike 'met' whilst he was there. Jan 3rd fly back to UK. Jan 7th....WORK/Die/Internalselfimplosion.

If that doesnt motivate you then I have no ideal what will. Of course expect heavy blog/facebook/flickr action over that period.

- Get fit. So a few weeks ago I remembered that I had put in for the Robin Hood half and realised that I had to run fairly quick for 13.2 miles and shat it. I did a few long runs and then some shorter quicker ones and just hoped that the last minute stress would get me through. In the end last weekends' long run made me feel a lot better than without and I managed to put in a decent performance. I did 1.43.16 and came 975 out of 6507 (Top 15%...) and was pleased with that. Miles 9 to 11 where tough and hilly so I lost some time there but the last three miles were nice and flat so I pushed the heart rate up to 165 and cut the loss down a minute or so.

Conclusion, training helps a lot. We should all do it, and yes ladies that means you too. The course is quality and takes in all the historical sights and sounds of Notts. I was proud!

Guess that's me folks. Also got some cool new music recently.

- Bonde Do Role
- UNKLE (new and old, thanks Dazzer)
- Kanye West (again new and old, thanks me sen)
- Hexstatic (thanks, er no one..)
- British Sea Power (first album, thanks Coley)
- Gogoroth (thanks ROCKK GODS!)

All are awesome, check them out.

I walked out of the Tube last night and felt winter.......not nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment