Saturday, October 13, 2007

Dr Doolittle / Ghandi does Chester

Last week I was down Chester Zoo as a Zoo Keeper for the day. Despite (Kellie) paying for the epxerience (as a birthday present), they still worked me good. I started the day at 8am mucking out the Tapirs (funny looking things with snouty / mini trunk noses). I got to spend some time with them in their enclosure, along with their friends, the kapibaras and the guanacos. I then moved onto powerhosing down the african rhino pens, followed by unloading a trailer full of hay bales. I was knackered by lunchtime! The afternoon was spent feeding and hanging out with the animals, indian rhinos (the one eating the carrot), various deer/antelope type things and i saw an operation on an Oryx (antelope with long horns). The day ended with the Meerkats, feeding them whole dead mice and a brown bag full oif live crickets. Tom would have loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment