Friday, April 30, 2010

Mark Rothko











Today's post is in honor of my friend of friends Yogi Proctor, this Englishman is like a brother to me, one of the greatest people ever and one of the most incredible artists of our time (just you watch). He's the one who put a paint brush in my hand and introduced me to Rothko, one of my all time favorite painters. This post has been brewing for months and now's the time...I see myself this summer wearing these paint colors while feeling the emotional depth of their nature....Rothko painted the religious experience he was having and eventually built his own church to house his work, I'm sensing many a spiritual awakening on the horizon all while looking colorful and smashing (at least the effort will be there).


Mark Rothko

"The fact that people break down and cry when confronted with my pictures shows that I can communicate those basic human emotions... the people who weep before my pictures are having the same religious experience I had when painting them. And if you say you are moved only by their color relationships then you miss the point."



No comments:

Post a Comment