Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wrong winner announced on Australia's Next Top Model



The live final of 'Australia's Next Top Model' ended in disaster when the host of the show announced the wrong winner.

According to the Daily Telegraph, host Sarah Murdoch revealed that 19-year-old Kelsey Martinovich had won the show, in front of a live audience of 2,000 people at Sydney's Luna Park.

She then became aware of the fact that she had announced the wrong winner and had to apologise to Martinovich, while telling 18-year-old Amanda Ware that she had actually won the show.

Murdoch said: "Oh my God, I don't know what to say right now... I'm feeling a bit sick about this."

"I'm so sorry about this, oh my God. I don't know what to say. This is a complete accident, I'm so sorry. It's Amanda... it was read to me wrong."

"This is what happens when you have live TV folks, I'm so sorry, this is insane."








Martinovich said to Ware: "You won it's fine... it's ok, it's ok, it's an honest mistake, it's fine."

The prize for the winner of 'Australia's Next Top Model' was a shoot and cover for Harpers Bazaar, a modelling contract, a $25,000 campaign with Levis, a car, $20,000 cash and a trip to New York.

In an attempt to compensate Martinovich for the blunder, Fox said that the runner-up would receive $20,000 and a trip to New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment