Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Katz Greatest Hits Collection 1

Given the flood of responses for my idea to list a 30 minute playlist of our favourite tunes to make one big katz favourites album, I thought i'd get the ball rolling. I have mused over this list for some time and its only when I had to get the list down to 30 mins that I actually realised which are my favourite ever tunes, there are some surprise omissions. Quite a few d&b tunes did not make it simply because I don't know the names and they are on mix tapes. Other notable absences were Dr Dre, Warren G, Guns n Roses, Cypress Hill, Smashing Pumpkins, Slow Dive, Ed Rush and of course Pitman. All of these made the top 40, but the ones that made the grade are:



1. Star Sail - The Verve


2. Final Hit - Leftfield


3. Heaven Or Las Vegas - Cocteau Twins


4. Speed of Sound - Coldplay


5. Papua New Guinea [7" Original] - Future Sound of London


6. 444 - Autechre


7. Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

No comments:

Post a Comment