Monday, July 16, 2007

And God made Metal......

So I went to see Metallica recently and they didn't fail to surprise, I thought that after 23 years of listening to the same 4 albums I might tire of Thrash Metal....how wrong could I be?

I got to Wembley about 4PM on Sunday afternoon, walked through the gates into an awesome stadium and almost fell over. The music was SO LOUD it was untrue, the band that was on at the time is called Mastodon [check them out, they ROCKK] followed by Machine Head, [again they were awesome too] but nothing compares to good old Metallica.

I looked around once I had picked myself up off the floor and noticed that 95% of the people around me were wearing black (no surprise) and I felt slightly, only slightly given the FREAKS about, out of place with my dark brown Deftones T on. Whatever I stood just in front of the barrier between the mosh pit and the 'normal' people and rocked along to the first two bands but something in me said that I should go back a bit to get a better view. I moved to just a few seats up from ground level and sat at the back and patiently waited.

What followed was AWESOME, Battery, Face to Black, Sad But True and all the classics. The only song they could have played was Harvester of Sorrow and Blackened (and sacrificed two dodgy songs from Load and Re-load). Other than those slight blemishes it was wicked. And despite being a whole football pitch away, my ears still hurt the day after, my throat (ahem)and neck.....were also sore from all the shameless headbanging and singing along.

These are a few clips;





No comments:

Post a Comment