Monday, May 31, 2010

Dreaming Of Cabo















I miss Mexico so much it's starting to be painful.  I've been going there since I was a kid, almost all our family vacations were in Baja, then as a teen ager I used to tell my parents I was going to the movies when really I was crossing the border raging in bars in Tijuana with my entire high school.  (They were a little lax checking id's.....)  As I got older I spent many weekends camping there with friends and every Christmas for 8 years bringing loads of gifts to an orphanage (which was the greatest feeling ever, funny how giving gives the giver so much) but then the INSANE violence began three years ago and I haven't been down there since, it's just too dangerous. What's going on in the border towns of Mexico is an absolute tragedy and it tears my heart apart.  Since I can no longer feel safe cruising a few hours south I've decided I must manifest a trip to gorgeous Cabo where it seems to be relatively safe.......


Happy Memorial Day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment