Friday, May 28, 2010

Fashion+Art = Genius





Francis Bacon was the inspiration for these amazing creations that are Geren Ford's Fall 2010 collection.  Geren Lockhart, the head designer for this LA contemporary brand, was in NY and was to meet a friend to see an exhibit of Bacon's work.  The friend canceled so Geren went alone, got the audio tour and had a life changing experience, she was so inspired by the artist himself that she bought every book on his life and thus created the above incredible gems. I love stories like this, its similar to how I started my jewelry line.  I went to met a friend for coffee at the spot she wanted (I really wanted to go to another cafe) then she was late and instead of being pissy I patiently strolled through an adjoining store, saw a half ass vintage jewelry line, knew I could do much better and wha la the entire course of my life changed forever...the lesson: go with the flow, you never know what's waiting for you!


P.S. Fabulous Alexis of Fern & Feather asked me to do her weekly Friday Take 5, to see my picks click here.


TGIF & have a great weekend everybody and to those in the States have a great Memorial Day three day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment